Did you know that incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work?
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling.
This theory based qualification is ideal for all employees as it provides candidates with an awareness of safe manual handling practices and the risks of unsafe manual handling.
With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to reduce the risk of workplace manual handling injuries, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day to day activities!
Please note that this qualification does not include practical sessions. Those requiring practical training should undertake the QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (QCF).
What’s Covered in Manual Handling?
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Theory of safe manual handling principles, including:
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
- About CIMAT Group
- CIMAT Home Page
- Confirm Subscription
- Contact-Us we’re here to support you and your teams
- The CIMAT Team
- Training Courses
- Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an AED
- Catastrophic Bleeding
- Celox Haemostatic Dressings and Granules
- CIMAT Seminar
- Conflict Management
- Course Content
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Emergency Response Team (ERT) Training
- Fire Marshall
- First Aid at Work
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Manual Handling
- Paediatric First Aid
- Physical Intervention
- Your Privacy is our Policy